CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Getting Ready!!!

Well it's getting closer to my surgery...and planning for a long-term sub is not easy. I have been teaching for 16 years and this is the first time I have been out. I have less than two weeks to finish up all the final plans. I am just about there. Once I finish getting it all complete, I will post pictures of some ways to organize yourself for a long-term sub. I have a created a notebook that includes:

1. Daily/Weekly Schedules
2. List of Students
3. Morning Procedures
4. Monday Set up
5. Notes about my "special" kiddos
6. Behavior Management
7. Important people and where to find them
8. Map of my room and where to find things
9. Tuesday Folders
10. Gradebook
 
 
I also have a Sub-box...It includes items to have handy at your finger tips: AR rewards, AR recording sheets, behavior sheets, fluency sheets, reward cards, subject files for her to place weekly plans and practice sheets in, and a flash drive of anything she needs extra of and all the flipcharts she will use for the next six weeks. I hope this will be helpful for anyone who comes in.
 
If you are wondering what kind of surgery I am having...I am having back surgery. I have needed this for some time now. So, I am at peace about going through with this procedure. I am having a discectomy (I think that's the right term). I ruptured my L5 and S1 is pinched pretty bad. These next few weeks without any anti-inflammatory meds are not going to be easy, but I am asking God to help me endure the pain. He is Powerful!!!
 
Well...I've been busy preparing in my corner. How about yours? Till next time...
 
~Buzzing through Life~
              BB
 
www.animalclipart.com
 

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with your surgery. Getting ready for a sub for one day is enough work so a long term one is alot! You seem organized though!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the well wishes! It was not easy but it felt so great to get it done.

      Delete
  2. I know that getting for a sub for 1 day stresses me out... I cannot even imagine a long term one! One thing we have to include in our sub plans are the procedures for fire drills and our shelter in place for weather and "other" situations.

    It sounds like you have it all ready. =)

    My mom has had back surgery and rods put in her back. I know it is not an easy surgery to recover from. Sending well wishes and prayers your way.

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you both for sending me good luck well wishes! I am just now able to sit up and blog. Heather, I also included that in my sub box and Folder. I was so excited to see you both made a comment on my site. It takes a long time to get the word out. I am loving it! I am hoping to spend more time on my blog while I am out. Looking forward to following you too!

      Delete